After the pandemic of COVID-19, the market growth of Telehealth and Telemedicine has grown extraordinarily. People have shifted from the traditional way of healthcare to Telehealth and Telemedicine. But how this happened? And what were the reasons behind it?
Some found it comfortable, inexpensive, handy, caring, etc.
But the main reason was that during the pandemic of COVID-19, people were forced to stay in their homes. They were not allowed to go outside of their home due to the spread of the deadly virus of COVID-19. There was no other option apart from staying at home. These situations were very critical for the ill person. Without going to the hospitals or clinics, how did they get treatment? It was a serious issue back then. To overcome these situations, people were looking for a solution. The solution was Telehealth and Telemedicine.
The comfortability, inexpensiveness, and handiness were the secondary reasons for its popularity. The main reason behind it was the necessity of people.
Telehealth and Telemedicine are the technologies where you can find healthcare services at a distance. You don’t have to leave your home for your treatment. You can get healthcare services at your home from an expert with no overhead expenses like traveling, parking, staying, food, etc.
In the blog, we will discuss the app development trends of Telehealth and Telemedicine. Before moving forward in this topic, let’s see the difference between Telehealth and Telemedicine.
Difference between Telehealth and Telemedicine
- There is a minor difference between Telehealth and Telemedicine. Unlike Telemedicine, which is restricted to providing therapeutic treatments, Telehealth offers a wider variety of services.
- Telehealth is responsible for providing distance health-related services, information, and education services through telecommunications technologies. And Telemedicine is responsible for providing health care services at a distance through telecommunications technologies like video conferencing.
- Let’s understand with an illustration. If you are getting a healthcare service from a doctor through telecommunications, called Telemedicine as well as Telehealth. But, a discussion of health-related issues between a doctor and a medical student is called Telehealth, not Telemedicine.
Let’s see some market statistics regarding Telehealth and Telemedicine.
- The worldwide telemedicine market had a volume of $41.63 billion in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It reached $60.9 billion in 2020, and in 2021, it reached $104.4 billion.
- While some industry experts anticipate that the market will reach a value of $272.7 billion, others are even more upbeat and forecast that the market will reach a value of over $306 billion.
Let’s discuss the main topic of the blog-app developments trends in 2022 of Telemedicine and Telehealth.
App development trends of Telehealth and Telemedicine in 2022
It is very important to research and see these trends before developing any Telemedicine App. It will benefit your app and become popular among users.
The followings are some trends in 2022 for app development of Telehealth and Telemedicine-
1. Video streaming and Videoconferencing
One of the most well-liked developments in telemedicine application development is the addition of such functionality. Both doctor-patient interactions and the exchange of medical expert information are transformed by videoconferencing.
2. Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)
Features of the Internet of Medical Things are utilized to manage clinical infrastructure, medical equipment, and chronic diseases, as well as track patients’ physical and mental health. These kinds of apps are becoming more and more popular as a result of the creation of inventive technologies that can complete a variety of activities with little to no user effort.
3. Machine Learning
Machine learning tools are utilized to improve the management of medical data, streamline workflows, and treat chronic diseases. Patient experiences on ML-powered systems are highly individualized, and it improves the standard of care provided by healthcare facilities.
There are typically two uses for VR and AR features. The first benefit is that they guarantee diagnoses made remotely with a lot more precision. Additionally, they can give medical students an entirely new experience, enhancing their learning and safety.
5. Big data
The usage of big data capabilities is one of the telemedicine application development trends for 2022 that we should highlight. Since nearly every telehealth app works with enormous amounts of data in the form of records, statistics, reports, and other information, it’s critical to make sure that apps have seamless access to dependable databases. Additionally, cutting-edge big data analytics techniques help to lower expenses by improving the overall standard of care in terms of treatment effectiveness and diagnostic precision.
In the telemedicine sector, the usage of blockchain is becoming more popular. Through the use of these technologies, network-wide transactions can be made indelible, traceable, and secure. The network performs a number of checks to ensure that users’ private information is safeguarded. Encrypted and saved on the blockchain are medical records. Using private keys, only users who have been granted access can visit them.
We have seen and known the app development trends of Telehealth and Telemedicine. With these trends, it is also important to know the key features of Telehealth and Telemedicine.
See Also: Telehealth App Development 2022: Benefits, Costs, Features, and Pitfalls
Key features of Telehealth and Telemedicine app
The followings are some key features of Telehealth and Telemedicine App-
- User account– It provides a patient’s essential information.
- Patient Panel– It displays all appointments, health history, and treatment information.
- Dashboard/account for doctors– The section of the app where doctors have access to patient information, a daily agenda, to-do lists, and other such information so they can see their planned appointments.
- Communication Features– It includes videoconferencing, audio calls, and chats.
- Payment Gateway– Through this, users pay the doctor for their services.
- Remote Patient Monitoring– Following self-monitoring, it enables people to discuss their medical issues with doctors.
- Electronic Medical Records– It streamlines the doctor’s paperwork by organizing and storing all information pertaining to the patient’s health.
- Medication Tracker– It will provide information regarding taking medicines, which are prescribed by doctors.
In this blog, we have discussed the app development trends of Telehealth and Telemedicine. We have discussed the differences between Telehealth and Telemedicine and the reasons for their popularity. Apart from its popular app development trends, we have also mentioned some key features of Telehealth and Telemedicine App. We hope that the blog will be useful for you. You can visit the DreamSoft4u website.